Lemon Blueberry Poppyseed Loaf | Gluten, Dairy, Sugar Free
My love for lemon loaf started at Starbucks, when I was 12 and would order any of the blended drinks and a lemon loaf - oh the days of sugar ... and a speedy metabolism.
Lemon poppyseed bread or muffins or cake or you name it - is a refreshing zing, and complimentary throughout the year and for almost any occasion. The motha' butta mantra is enjoying the foods we love, guilt free. We love sweets, and refuse to give up that love - so we're on a quest to re-create low sugar and sugar free recipes to feed our sweet teeth!
- 1cup cassava flour
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Motha' Butta Original coconut butta'
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 large egg
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease bread loaf tin with oil or butter of choice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cassava flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, coconut oil, coconut milk, lemon juice, egg, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Whisk together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir together until just combined.
- Pour batter into tin
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through the center
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes, remove and drizzle with Motha' Butta or by itself!
The loaf if great without a coconut butta drizzle, but for those of us that like a little extra icing - enjoy the icing guilt free with our sugar free coconut butta.